Toy-breed dogs are small – that’s why they’re called toys but just because your dog is small doesn’t mean that he can’t have a big personality. If you want to give your dog a name that fits his size, however, choose something cute. Here are our top twelve picks in cute names for toy breed dogs:
- Shorty – Both an accurate description of many small-breed dogs and an affectionate term, Shorty is a cute and sweet name for a toy breed dog.
- Teacup – This name is perfect for a toy-breed dog for a number of reasons. Not only are teacups cute, but the term teacup is often used to describe very small dogs.
- Pippin – This name is a reference to a character from The Lord of the Rings. Pippin was one of the Hobbits who helped take the ring to Mordor.
- Pint – In addition to being a unit of liquid measurement, the word pint is also used to describe things that are small – another option is half pint.
- Button – This name works particularly well for toy breed dogs for two reasons. For one thing, buttons are very small. Second, toy breed dogs are cute as a button!
- Teeny – Though this name may conjure up images of a yellow polka-dot bikini, it is also a cute name for a toy breed dog who is as teeny-tiny as they come.
- Cupcake – When you think of food items that you could describe as cute, a cupcake should definitely be on the list. These little pastries are also a great inspiration for a cute toy breed dog name.
- Morsel – A morsel is another word for a small piece of food or a mouthful – it’s also a clever name for a small dog. If you want to take things literally, your toy breed dog could easily be a mouthful for a larger dog.
- Pixie – A pixie is a supernatural being from folklore that is typically portrayed as a very small humanlike figure with pointed ears. This name is particularly fitting for a little dog with a mischievous nature.
- Bonsai – This word is used for miniature ornamental trees and shrubs that are artfully trimmed to stay small. Bonsai would be a particularly fitting name for a dog breed of Asian origin.
- Squirt – If you’re looking for a cute and silly name that also fits your toy breed dog’s small size, Squirt is an option to consider.
- Munchkin – Though this name is also given to the characters from The Wizard of Oz, it is also used to describe someone who is very short or small, making it the perfect name for your toy breed dog.
Choosing the perfect name for your new dog is not a decision to take lightly. There are many ways you can go with a dog’s name from traditional to out-of-the-box. If you want a dog name that fits your dog to a tee, choose a cute name that works well for a toy breed like the twelve names above.
Photo credit: Lim Tiaw Leong/Shutterstock