When it comes to picking a name for your dog, there are an endless array of options to choose from – so many options, in fact, that it can be hard to make a choice at all! If you are looking for a cute and witty name for your dog, think about some of your favorite fruits and veggies for inspiration!
- Kale – Often described as a superfood, kale is absolutely loaded with nutrients – it is sometimes described as one of the healthiest foods on the planet! Giving your dog the name “Kale” is pretty much the same as naming him after a superhero.
- Pumpkin – This name is perfect for a cute and cuddly puppy, especially if he has a golden or yellow color. Pumpkin is often used as a term of endearment, so it is the perfect name for a cute puppy.
- Peaches – These fruits are known for being sweet and succulent – that makes it the perfect name for a sweet little puppy. If you want to take this name to the next level, throw the word “Princess” in front of it and it becomes a Super Mario reference!
- Spinach – Another leafy green that is packed with nutrients, Spinach is the power behind Popeye’s strength. If you feel like your dog is your source of strength, why not name him after this super food?
- Berry – Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries – there are so many different types of berries! The one thing all berries have in common, however, is that they are sweet. If your puppy has a sweet and sugary nature, Berry just might be the perfect name.
- Clementine – A clementine is a small, sweet orange. Not only is this fruit a cute name for a puppy as it stands, but the word “clementine” actually translates from the Latin to mean “mild” or “gentle”. This makes it the perfect name for a sweet, mild-mannered puppy.
- Lemon – The lemon is a fruit known for its bright yellow color and its tart flavor. If you have a puppy with a golden coat and a tendency to get into trouble, Lemon just might be the perfect name. She looks sweet but she is always full of surprises!
- Pepper – This name might remind you of black pepper, a spice, but it could also be inspired by bell peppers. Peppers come in a wide range of colors and they can be either spicy or sweet – it is a great name for a puppy with a bit of a tempestuous personality.
- Pea – Peas are small and round and they have a delightful crispness to them until they are cooked. There are a variety of different types of peas but sweet peas are one of the most popular. Just think of it – Sweet Pea is the perfect name for a little female puppy!
- Rosemary– Though technically an herb and not a fruit or vegetable, Rosemary is an adorable name for a female dog. You can call her Rosie for short!
Names like “Rover” and “Fido” are pretty cliché for a dog so don’t be afraid to get a little creative. If you need some ideas for dog names, consider some of the top ten fruit and veggie-inspired names that are listed above!
Photo credit: lexan/Bigstock